News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Payment plugin issues on frontend

Started by Johstrom, November 02, 2017, 19:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johstrom

Hi,
we have some issues with payment plugins, which I hope someone can have suggestions about:

Issue A:

I would like the customer experience would be like this:

1. The customer comes to the cart and hasn't added any address.
2. The shipping and payment plugins should just show the texts of COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NO_PAYMENT_METHOD_PUBLIC and COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NO_SHIPPING_METHOD_PUBLIC.
3. The customer add the address, and the plugins update, showing the relevant shipping and payment options.

And if I am logged in on frontend, without country, it works (no payment/shipping options until I add a value to Country field). But if I am NOT logged in, 1 of 2 payment plugins show when customer hasn't added a Country. In other words, one payment plugin works as we thought, but not the other.

I have added ALL countries as valid for the payment plugin that wrongly show when user not logged in and when user have no country selected (i.e. I have not left the currency field in admin empty, but listed ALL countries there) and only 1 country (Sweden) is valid for the second payment plugin, which works.

ISSUE B:

COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NO_PAYMENT_METHOD_PUBLIC isn't visible, though it should (when I am logged in in the situation above, with no country selected). The payment option area is just empty, though we have text in the language files.

You can check www.distribution.nu.

Joomla v3.8.1, VM v3.2.4, PHP 5.6.31. Payment plugins from Svea Ekonomi, Invoice and card payments.

Any suggestions?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

Jörgen

Hello
The Svea Web pay plugins have issues and give trouble in the checkout with jquery. I haven´t have time to test the latest, but could this have anything to Do with Your problems?
QuoteCurrently Svea Checkout will work only with Swedish SEK currency. After installation you can initialize one instance in the Payment Method section.

If I don´t remember wrongly i think that You should make an instance for every country You want to use. You could always see if it works that way.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Johstrom

Hi Jörgen,
Because of currency and language limits of Svea Checkout, I use two other Svea Web Pay plugins, Svea WebPay Invoice (only Sweden) & Svea WebPay Card (all countries).

I tried to disable all Svea WebPay plugins and enabled the standard PayPal with all countries valid (not empty Country field) - same issue, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the plugins...

With kind regards,
- Johan.

Johstrom

Hi again,
It seems that the card plugin in question (SveaWebPay) is malfunctional.

If I disable the plugin in  Extensions → Plugins, VM show COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NO_PAYMENT_METHOD_PUBLIC as it should. I and our developer has tried to debug the plugin, without any success. Are there any plugin savvy person out there, which could take a look on the plugin - and why the plugin:

a) Show when customer doesn't have choosen any country yet, though we have set ALL countries (not left the field empty) as valid in backend.
b) Doesn't show COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_NO_PAYMENT_METHOD_PUBLIC when the requirements (country selection) doesn't match up.

Couldn't upload a zip with the plugin, because the forum's "upload directory isn't writable", and the message length limits doesn't allow me to paste it here, but the plugin can be downloaded here: https://github.com/sveawebpay/virtuemart3-module/tree/master/src/sveacard

Hopefully,
- Johan.