News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Uploaded Product images with similar name give trouble to VM

Started by Stefan Korth, October 27, 2017, 18:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Korth

Hey, i experiences issues with images, and as i investigated i realized that the root of those troubles is that vm cannot handle images propperly when they have the same file name. This might happen when uploading the same image twice, or, as in my case, when uploading an image from an idevice as ipad pro. All images from apples ifamily carry the same file name (which alone is a really stupid idea). Now my products have either no image at all, even when i uploaded some, or have a different image for thumb and larger image.

Sadly i did not realize this bug until now, and already have uploaded many images which now are not shown propperly. I already have several hundred images in my system, and it seems like there is no easy way to clean this mess up, or is there?

Ah, i use the latest VM and joomla. So updating might not be a solution...

Studio 42

It's a problem with IOS, the name do not change.
I solved it with VM Be pro and rename the image if it exist for bulk upload images.
But i have some customer that complained because you cannot update the image because it's renamed and not override old image.
I think that a checkbox : Auto rename should permit the 2.