News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product category Permissions

Started by wbyers, October 25, 2017, 19:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbyers

Okay, So I work for a company that possesses a virtuemart site. At the moment we have certain categories for products that cannot be used be anything less than a superuser. While at the same still claiming the administrator trying to add one of these categories is not an administrator and does not have the proper permission to use the category. My question is there anywhere I can see where the permission levels for categories are set? Something is clearly not right.

Studio 42

All admin rights are here http://YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_virtuemart
You dont have right per categories, if you use multi-vendor you can add some more rights(shared or not)
If you mean the front-end, Vm do not have access permission by user or group. So the only way is to write own Joomla system plugin to restrict access to some categories and/or products or to add an edit own restriction for eg.

wbyers

I am asking when a product is created in our system. Certain categories seem to trigger the vmerror you are not an administrator product creation cancelled. Is there things. Besides category permissions that could be causing it?

Studio 42

Check the permisssions in Joomla with the link provided.
if permisssions  are set correctly, it should work.

wbyers

Okay, so when I got into the office to access the link you sent me for the site. It looks exactly like it should. That means there is no reason for certain category id's to be causing issues. The entire chain of user groups from the point of office staff, down to administrator, and program manager have the permission to create products. Is there anything besides permissions that could cause a vmerror you are not administrator issue. Because the issue is sporadic and limited to appearing on certain category id's. It looks at the least like on paper that we should not be having this issue.

Studio 42

Have you enable multi-vendor ? Because you can share categories(or not)
Have you clear the category cache ?(should not be the cause, but can display unexisting category )

wbyers

No, We are a single vendor store. If the categories didn't exist administrators wouldn't be able to change programs to the problem categories after being created. They can.

Studio 42

Sorry, i cannot give you another answer,I should debug your live site to check what is wrong, because all category use same permission, so should never or always work.

wbyers

That's the thing that mystified us. By any reasonable measure what we are experiencing shouldn't even be possible. But here we are.