News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Renamed payement plugin not renamed everywhere

Started by vieke, October 19, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vieke

I have a weird issue and i'm completely baffled by it.
I know i have an older version, but i can't do anything about this, and i don't think that will be the issue.

VM: 2.6.22
J: 2.5.28

I have renamed the VM standard payment from "Cash on Delivery" to "Factuur" (in al languages).
It works almost everywhere (frontend pages, cart, etc.)
But in some places the "Cash on Delivery" text remains (even in new orders), it remains in the invoices (PDF & Mail) and in the order overview.

I checked all .ini files, i did a search for the string "Cash on Delivery" with all variables in all the code and i came up with nothing.
In the database i can find the string on each order, but that's after orders are placed, so where does it come from ??

Does anybody have any ideas where to look or what is going on ? (i obviously cleaned caches and TMP files)

jenkinhill

As "Cash on Delivery" is entered as a Payment Name it will be in the database, not a language string. I don't have old versions in use or test (the risk of hacking is just too great) I checked in VM3.2.4's database with default data. The text Cash on Delivery is found in two db tables:

###_virtuemart_paymentmethods_en_gb
###_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vieke

Thanks for your response;

I checked the tables before, but i checked again and there is no mention (anymore) of "Cash on Delivery".
i attached a screenshot for 1 tabel, but it's the same in all.

**Correction**
THe string "<span class="vmpayment_name">Cash on delivery</span><br />" is inside ###_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard , but for each and every order; so they get added after an order is placed. So there is no point in changing it there because i would need to do that everytime an order is placed (which is bananas), the string has to originate from somewhere else before it gets entered in the DB....

**Addition**
I've also found it hardcoded inside /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/updatesmigration.php
but changing it there does nothing for my problem.

Studio 42

Perhaps a language KEY in the overide.ini ?
Factuur="Cash on Delivery"

vieke

Thanks for you responce.

Nope, thats not the case.