News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Reviews: certain words are not displayed. WTF?

Started by Stefan Korth, October 18, 2017, 14:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Korth

Reviews: certain words are not displayed, and those words are not swear words from a block list, but random words like:

expectations, resonance, honestly, honored, everyone, reasonable...

When these words appear, after saving the review, most of the text after one of these words is deleted. When I exclude these words, the review will be saved as is. WTF?

I use J!3.7.5 and VM 3.2.4

HAs anybody else similar troubles?

Stefan Korth

oh and while we are at it, is there a way to get the reviews to have a "read more" link for longer reviews?

jenkinhill

Just tested using those words plus a couple of paragraphs of lorem. No problem! Using J3.8.1 and VM3.2.4 with default VM templates in Beez, TinyMCE editor.

Tricky to add a readmore as the review is not an article. Would need template overrides and probably a plugin. You can show them in tabs, though, so the product details page is initially not too long, eg as in http://heravm3.olympianthemes.com/smartphones/smartphone-3000h27-detail.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ghost

I don't think you can link directly to a specific review (no review view in VM) but you can truncate the review with CSS/JS and add a button to expand it. Kind of like accordion.

For banned words check the option in Global Configuration.