News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Not adding to cart

Started by StompJames, October 17, 2017, 17:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StompJames

Hi,

I have a new site and the products are all there and have prices but when I add to cart it just goes to the cart screen and it is empty? I have looked arounfd and seen other posts suggesting a jquery conflictso I tried turning off the jqery in the config but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I can see the jquery being loaded twice but I am not sure if this is the issue, also how to stop it.

VirtueMart 3.2.4

Joomla! 3.8.0

aerosteeze.com (user = steeze pw= t3st!)

Thanks,

James

jenkinhill

Too much going on in that template!  While I added products to cart OK, the prices on the cart page are to the right of the cart area so that will need looking at.

On the product details page the +/- quantity change buttons do not work, js error is  TypeError: b.fancybox.init is not a function   - so you will need to resolve that.  Maybe turn off that magic zoom plugin.

See https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

StompJames

Thanks for the reply, you've made me realise that the last thing I did to the temple was add that magic zoom plugin. I had the developer do some work on it before I committed to paying for a full copy, it resolved a lot of other issues with the pictures being square. I asked about that here too actually but was told it was the template, I think nobody could help as it wasn't standard VM. I'll disable magic Zoom and see if that does the trick. Then I'll have to work on what's conflicting and try to get it back I guess. I feel like the developer may lend a hand as he was very helpful.

The cart prices issue is a plugin for one page checkout, a bit of misplaced css that I've not corrected yet.

Thanks for the help. Just for clarification, what do you mean by too much going on? I keep having issues with templates that I  buy, my most functional site is a Joomla template with a basic copy of VM and then I coded all the edits myself. The basic VM is exactly that though, rather basic to look at. It works so well but my bosses would never go for the look so I keep getting templates.

Regards

James

StompJames

I forgot to ask, how did you manage to get it to add to cart?

Thanks,

James

jenkinhill

Select Aerosteeze 16inch, select 16 inch Camo, click on image select add to cart.

For my clients the best templates for use with VM are those where the template developer helps with VM development, so they will always be up to date. I use templates from Spiros at https://www.olympianthemes.com and there are also Jumbo's templates at https://www.virtueplanet.com
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum