News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I get "COM_VIRTUEMART_READ_MORE" set as meta description, is this a bug?

Started by Rikard, October 17, 2017, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikard

If I don't set meta description in Virtuemart or on the menu the source code reveales that the description is set to "<title of the page> COM_VIRTUEMART_READ_MORE" where <title of the page> is the actual title of the page.

This ONLY happens if the menu item is a menu item alias, not otherwise. Please let me explain further:

Main menu
-Look at me (menu alias of item 'hiddenItem')
-Another menu
--hiddenItem (Virtuemart > Category Layout

In the above case the "look at me" will have a meta description like this: Look at me. COM_VIRTUEMART_READ_MORE

Main menu
-Look at me (Virtuemart > Category Layout)
-Another menu
--hiddenItem

I'd expect the meta description to only be the name of the title, or that the COM_VIRTUEMART_READ_MORE would be the translated string instead of the system language constant.

My setup:
Joomla 3.8.1
VM: 3.2.4
php: 7.1.x

I'm using a modified Yootheme template but I tested with the Protostar template and I got the same result with that one.

Jörgen

Hello

It looks like You don´t have the latest language files updated, en-GB.com_virtuemart. What´s even more funny is that i have the some strings missing. Even though I have the 3.2.4 version of VM uploaded day before yesterday. Doesn´t the latest version update the en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini file ?

In the com_virtuemart.3.2.4.zip the key " COM_VIRTUEMART_READ_MORE" exists on line 375. In myfile in line 372 (I am also obviously missing some strings..)

You should have this string in Your Components/com_virtuemart/language/en_GB.comvirtuemart.ini file

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.