Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Default country can't be set

Started by titolin10, October 16, 2017, 19:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

Hi everyone

Firstly I'm using  VM 3.2.4 and Joomla 3.8.1

I'm trying to set the default country where I'm using my shop only for one country so I don't need country field appear and only state list can be appear.

I went to virtuemartt_country_id field  then I added the country id which needed to be default

Also I made sure that the country published with its states

Also I tried using   protostar

and I disabled all plugins that may affect on virtuemart

but really I spent a lot of times to try to make it work without any result.

can us please help  me because it really matter to me

That's all about My main problem.

..................................................................................
Also I have a suggestion to change default text area which used to add id and to  use drop-down menu to choose the country from the published countries..  more easy.

I really discovered that virtuemart need to be more easy in use to not waste the user time when developing his shop.(e.g Product photo upload only can accept 1 file per time and if the vendor has 10 pics then he need to make upload for 10 times).

Thank you.

jenkinhill

So you went to the Country list and found the relevant country_id - eg for Aruba it is 12

You then went to the Shopper Field list and for virtuemart_country_id you entered 12 against Default.

It is that easy.

If you want to make changes to any part of VirtueMart then feel free to write the code and Sublit it to Milbo, the project leader. You see, VirtueMart is a project to which every user is invited to contribute if they can.

There are plugins available for product multi-image upload - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137387
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Hi,
The default country can only be set in the cart, not before.
If you need multi uploads. see https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/multi-upload-images.htm