News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Values with custom field String

Started by lindapowers, November 11, 2015, 15:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hello

We are testing vm 3.0.12 but tried this in 3.0.10 with same result.

The doubt is the following:

As you can see values are not taken, instead all appear in one line.

This is caused by setting "Is a list" to NO - inside the custom field parameters.

So you may think, ok set "is a list to" to YES but that will create a dropdown for each option.

However after reading this: http://www.gjcwebdesign.com/joomla-virtuemart-tips/793-virtuemart-3-add-a-simple-cart-select-variant-by-custom-fields.html

Mr GJC actually doesnt add any values in "default value" so was this concept changed, its been long since we didnt use string custom field but we used to add values in "default value" and they were taken from there.

Regards

Edit by Mod: Official manual is here http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/product-creation/81-product-custom-fields-without-stock-control.html

Studio 42

Hi Manu,
YOu should set "Is a list" to as Adminlist, if you need a back-end list of value only on product edition.

lindapowers

Thanks Patrick! that made it, I finally understand what that "as adminlist" is.

Regards

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote"You can even use language keys for multilingual stores.
When the list type "As Adminlist" is selected, then the list is available as dropdown in the product edit and displays the selected value in the frontend.

It is even possible to use custom fields with "As Adminlist" and "cart input" to create new selectable list, and any option is selectable by a dropdown. This feature reduces typos a lot."

Yep nice work there, makes sense and much easier to understand.

Regards

aftertaf

Quote from: lindapowers on November 16, 2015, 13:35:30 PM
Quote"You can even use language keys for multilingual stores.
When the list type "As Adminlist" is selected, then the list is available as dropdown in the product edit and displays the selected value in the frontend.

It is even possible to use custom fields with "As Adminlist" and "cart input" to create new selectable list, and any option is selectable by a dropdown. This feature reduces typos a lot."

Yep nice work there, makes sense and much easier to understand.

Regards

Hi :
where did you quote from?
I'm interested in making the lists multilingual if it is at all possible...

Studio 42

Quote from: aftertaf on October 16, 2017, 20:26:40 PM
Hi :
where did you quote from?
I'm interested in making the lists multilingual if it is at all possible...
Use Joomla KEYS
and add language overides in Joomla
en-GB
COLOR_RED="red"
fr-FR
COLOR_RED="Rouge"
If you use this in the customfield list, then it's translated(or should).