News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Create your own box of products

Started by alexanderflr, October 13, 2017, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexanderflr

Hello,

I'm looking for something that allows me to create a ordering service like "create your own box" so for example I will have 3 or more main products, let's say BOX 1 - price £10 - allows the customer to add 10 products in the "box", BOX 2 - price £15 - allows the customer to add 20 products in the "box",
BOX 3 - price £20 - it's a box already made with the products predefined by me, let's say contains 20 items.
If the customers select the BOX 1, the next step will be to redirect him to the products page where he can add 10 items, and after the limit of 10 was achieved he will have the possibility to upgrade his box and add more items or go to checkout, in cart will show as a product BOX 1 and what the box contains.

This is an example of what I want to build http://www.thepersonalsnackbox.com/
If the link is not allowed, please tell me and I will remove it.

Can I find a extension like this or any ideas?

Thank you,
VM 3.2.8, Joomla 3.8.3, PHP 7.0.26

Studio 42

You have no extension like this, but i can write it.

balai

Studio 42

@balai
If i remember me right product builder add each element to cart, it's why, i don't think it's not a solution else user can remove some from cart, the pack in hes case, have to be under one main product.

alexanderflr

Thank you but that one will not help me, like Studio 42 said and I will also have around 400 products.

balai

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 16, 2017, 12:00:06 PM
@balai
If i remember me right product builder add each element to cart, it's why, i don't think it's not a solution else user can remove some from cart, the pack in hes case, have to be under one main product.

This can be solved with some changes in the cart layout.
Thank you but that one will not help me, like Studio 42 said and I will also have around 400 products.
To me your example looks a lot like a normal category page with the "add to cart" button displayed for each product

alexanderflr

To me your example looks a lot like a normal category page with the "add to cart" button displayed for each product

Yes, almost like a normal category page, but the customer needs to select a box size first and then he will be redirected to the next step (a page like a category view) where he will be able to add 10 products (if he selected the box with 10 items) the box will have a fixed cost, after he chooses the 10th item a pop-up with 2 buttons will appear and say "Need more items? Upgrade your box" and "Proceed to checkout" if Proceed to checkout will be directed to the cart, in the cart will show BOX name and something like "your box contains the following items - and a list with the products in the box" I don't mind if the customer can remove one of the products and add another one, maybe he selected one and he changed his mind. Actually will be nice to have this feature. Thanks.

Studio 42

@Balai, i know cat product too for eg. It work similar to Product Builder and i have do myself Variant generic Pro that with some trick can display in a product.
The problem is because cart and price calc function, need custom layout and javascript you need for all this plugins to create full products and perhaps more that i forgot.
So ok you can use an existing plugin, but you have same work to write it properly that using the text input plugin for eg and adding and changing the code.

balai

Quote from: alexanderflr on October 17, 2017, 12:06:46 PM

Yes, almost like a normal category page, but the customer needs to select a box size first and then he will be redirected to the next step (a page like a category view) where he will be able to add 10 products (if he selected the box with 10 items) the box will have a fixed cost, after he chooses the 10th item a pop-up with 2 buttons will appear and say "Need more items? Upgrade your box" and "Proceed to checkout" if Proceed to checkout will be directed to the cart, in the cart will show BOX name and something like "your box contains the following items - and a list with the products in the box" I don't mind if the customer can remove one of the products and add another one, maybe he selected one and he changed his mind. Actually will be nice to have this feature. Thanks.

I think that you can use parent categories for the initial selection of box.
As for the messages and pricing you possibly need some modifications but the category layout can do all the rest.