News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related products/categories not working

Started by blackrat999, October 11, 2017, 16:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrat999

Not had this before! Both Related products and Categories isnt working.
as you type in one of the boxes the search brings up the list of products but no images (see screenshot) , if you click one it selects but saving it removes what you selected so i cant use the feature at all.
Joomla 3.8.1 and VM 3.2.4

jenkinhill

Both these work OK in my site J3.8.1/VM3.2.4  and also in the demo site - http://demo.virtuemart.net

Check console for js errors?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blackrat999

Sorry not sure what console you refer to, no errors anywhere that i can find - sorry!

Studio 42

Press F12, the console appears on Chrome or firefox.
If not, then right click and click "inspect element"

blackrat999

ah yes of course sorry!

this is what shows up in the Console when i try the related products field

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1  jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead.  mootools-core.js:108:287
keepAlive each 14.19 minutes and maxlps 5  vmkeepalive.js:7:9
Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24932
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!  index.php
Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24932

Studio 42

Do you have any other plugin adding mootools scripts?
In Joomla 3.8.1 mootools is deprecated and should not be loaded, try to disable your script or if you use not default admin template, try to switch to  isis - Default template

Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24932 can perhaps have same origin, becauss mootools conflicts

blackrat999

Thanks for the suggestion.
I am using standard admin template there are one or two extra plugins installed and i have tried disabling them with no change.

i also have another site on the same template, same VM and Joomla versions which works fine, the console messages are exactly the same on he working site, so i also get the message Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24932 yet the related products works fine.

any other suggestions ? thanks for looking.

Studio 42

The script can be loaded by a Joomla system plugin, from cache cleaner or akeeba for eg.
I tested myself with Joomla 3.8.1 and VM 3.2.4 and have not this error, i have no extra plugin or module in this test site. So try to check your plugins,modules ... loaded in back-end.
Perhaps it's a cache problem with your script too, if you have just update Joomla and  VM, but i don't think.

blackrat999

I have tried disabling every admin plugin/Module/Component that isnt locked apart from Virtuemart and that doesnt change the way it works.
Would a non admin plugin/component possibly affect the related products ?
more and more puzzled and frustrated !
thanks for your time on this.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blackrat999

I tried that in a new .htaccess and the original one, cleared cache and tried a new browser, no change :-(

blackrat999

Any more suggestions please anyone ?

thanks

Studio 42

I installed 2 new shops for customer and used related products and categories, no problem.
In my demo site, same.
All 3 shops use Last Joomla and last VM
Note that mootools is not loaded.
I Think the problem is because mootools and related javascript and this is not loaded in core with the default Admin template.
So remove any modules,plugin and template should solve the problem. I cannot give you any other answer, because it should be the solution(for me).

blackrat999

Ok thanks - i have tried another admin template, Mootools disabler plugin with all settings, tried removing components, plugins and modules but cant get the related products to work at all, hopefully someone might come across this one day and have an answer.
thanks for your help anyway

Studio 42

You can buy vm Be Pro  to add related categories and products here https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm, but of course it not solve the core problem.