News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Another "State Drop Down Not Working" Problem

Started by theengel, August 12, 2013, 18:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacoboPS

I GOT IT, I GOT IT.... and I just want to leave the solution to my problem here just, in case it can help anyone (since I have been helped so many times...).

After reading in so many forums to find why mi dropdown state list was not working, I found a (quite acceptable) solution for my site (deleted).

PROBLEM:

State dropdown list doesn't work on the shopping cart once the country is selected -for user registration or deliver address-. However it did work on the backend, but not on the cart when a user was getting registered.
And of course all posible things were tested (configuration of joomla/virtuemart, deep search for javascripts confilcts -deactivating every possible plugin-, etc.).

SOLUTION:

My ARTIO was the cause. Once I deactivated the SEF address created for the cart, and started using the real URL for it (www.1001especias.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&addrtype=BT&lang=es&task=editaddresscart&view=user), it worked.

I know maybe this is not the most elegant solution, but it is more than acceptable for me. I hope this can help others.

Capital letters are just for shouting, correct?.... YESSSSS I GOT IT!    ;D

(thanks to everybody for those ideas, suggestions, etc.)
Learning, pulling hair out, learning...

T.A. Garrison, LLC

There are still some unanswered questions about this subject.

I'm using J2.5.27 (latest) with the latest VM which is 3, although labeled 2.? (don't remember).

Ok. "I" don't have any problem in any browser.
But, there was 1 customer today who was using Chrome. The customer swears they selected the country, and I have only 1 country available (US), and then selected the state, but there were no selections.

"I" went in (using Chrome) and placed a product in my cart, created a new account through the UPS plugin, entered all the information, selected the country, and the list of states was easily available.

So I don't think this issue is resolved.

Depending on the circumstances (user error? browser error? UPS plugin? existing account?), clearly "something" keeps the list of states from appearing to "some" people.

I can't replicate this, but it's obvious there is still something happening.

Any thoughts, Milbo?
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

jenkinhill

If you are using a VM3 pre-release testing version (2.9.9x) then please report problms in the development & testing board, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=136.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kaybee57

J 2.5.27
VM 2.6.14

I installed yesterday a new plugin (verification for an Adult site) and State drop-down stopped working.
Disabled that plug-in and State Drop-down works again.
As such, in my case, a plug-in is the culprit. Within the plug-in configuration, there was a JQuery option which I disabled.
All now works again.
May help someone else.

cstreit

I posted this as another thread - but this is the top listing on Google for this issue so also posting it here.

Make SURE you have a menu item in joomla that points to your Virtuemart Shopping Cart module.  I spent MANY hours trying to figure this out and just lucked my way into the solution.  Tons of hours searching for jquery conflicts.. You name it.

Enabling and disabling this menu item is what fixes/breaks it on our site.  Good luck - this one is really frustrating.