News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipment of digital and analogue products

Started by boeschung, October 06, 2017, 17:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boeschung

Hello,

I have a VM shop, which sells digital products (downloads) and analogue products (e.g. books). Now we need the following:

The analogue products should be sold worldwide, downloads only in Germay. If a foreign customer (not from Germany) wants to buy digital products only there is a way to prevent the checkout routine (= current configuration). But the problem is, that those users can still buy downloads if both products are in the cart (= books and downloads).

We use the latest version of VM with istraxx download plugin.

Is it possible to configure it with VM + istraxx? I have tested several combinations, but there is no suitable solution for our problem. I checked the extensions directory, but none of the extensions can solve this problem (could be however that I missed something).

Best regards
Alfred

Studio 42

If products are in different category, i think that the category filter can work, but this depend the shipment plugin not the downloads plugin.
But you can add (as custom work, i dont think this plugin exist) another shipment plugin that verify country and the cart content(eg disable checkout for all downloadable product if country is not germany, or/and disable cart if country is not germany ...) and why not using a geolocator in the cart for unknow customers.
Alatak.net have do a shipment by rules plugin, but it's not specific for download, but perhaps you can use the rules for you case. I don't know a better solution.