News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

disable drop down #number of product list?

Started by Jacson, October 06, 2017, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacson

My question is easy and simple. I've read the whole related pages but they didn't get the answer, just refer to unrelevant posts!.
The good answer would be appreciated.
The question:
How to eliminate the "drop down #number of product list" that shows the number of displayed products. I have just three producs, so, logicly I don't need this dropdown. :-\

jenkinhill

It is very easy. You could set up a template override, but even easier than that is to hide the element with css.

For default VM templates you could use
.orderby-displaynumber .display-number  {
display: none;
}

If using a commercial template the style selector may be different but if you look at the page code you will see what to use.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jacson

Thank you Jenkinhill
In template override, the which one I must choose [I've attached screenshot]?!!!
I've tried some of them but I couldn't get that I want.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jacson

Thank you so much   :-*

Part 1:
I've deleted the similar line in Template override (Screenshot attached) and hopefully "Result of" box is gone.  ;D

Part 2:
I couldn't use the code that you gave it to me.
In which line I must put this code?
   display: none;}

Please help me in which line in template override that I've created   (/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php)    I can put the code    (.orderby-displaynumber .display-number  {display: none;})    for next time. ;)

jenkinhill

display: none;}

Is css - so you add it to your template custom css file (if there is one) or the main template css file,   or use a full VM css override. http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/106-override-vmsite-ltr-css.html

But as stated earlier, if you already use a template override or commercial template then the css class selector may be different.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jacson

Holy man. You are awesome. That was my first CSS.
I've reverted my changes. I've created a new CSS in my template and add your code. (the box is gone)
:-*  :-*  8)  :-*  :-*
The great supporters:
Jenkinhill  :-*
GJC Web Design  :-*