News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cloned product and old one disappered

Started by amymattian, October 05, 2017, 08:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hello,
noticed a problem with Virtuemart 3.2.4.!
When I cloned an old product from Product List (old product ID 749), I got a new product with ID 750. Problem is that the old product (ID 749) no longer is listed in the Product list (I put the products in ID order and there is a missing ID after ID 748 comes not ID 750). So cloning directly from the product list actually just changes the product ID but DOES NOT create a NEW product.

I tested the same from the product Edit Page. I went into product ID 750 and clicked the CLONE PRODUCT from the buttons, I get a new product with ID 751. But also when I go back to the Product List and put the products in ID order, I see the old ID 750.

I think the change here is that before, when I cloned  a product from the product list, I stayed in the Product list page. Now when I click Clone Product in the Product list, I end up in the "supposedly new product" which actually is only my old product with a new Product ID.

This to me looks like a bug! Please check and fix asap! Thanks!

- Anne

jenkinhill

Cannot reproduce, VM3.2.4 J3.8.1   

Clone product ID 196 gives additional product (clone of 196) with ID 2005
Cloned 196 again and new clone had ID 2006

In both cases product ID 196 is still there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum