News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Tab not displaying correctly

Started by mamomi5, October 04, 2017, 05:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamomi5

Using VM3.2.4 I am having some issues with the product tab.  When I click on the tab, the navigation/structure of Joomla & VM are replaced by what looks likes a page of links to each of the sections of VM.  At the bottom I see the products I already have, but I do not have any options to add any new products.  The front end site looks and works fine as does all of the other tabs, just the product page is coming out weird.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

For existing products, when I click the link, it takes me to the proper edit screen, but once I save & close, I am returned to the hierarchy screen.

jenkinhill

Can be an installation issue - reinstall both VM components.   Also could be a php resource problem - which may show in php error log.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mamomi5

VM 3.2.4
Joomla 2.5.16
PHP 5.3
I just did a reinstall and there is no change.

Are there any other suggestions or things I can try?
~f

jenkinhill

Your Joomla version is way out of date and known to be insecure - VM has not been tested against any version that old.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683
Current Joomla version is 3.8.1

Also PHP5.3 is very old and should be updated to at least 5.6

Old software is most likely the cause of your issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum