News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Illegal offset type error after upgrading to Virtuemart 3.2.4 and Joomla 3.8.0

Started by jfusager, October 04, 2017, 03:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfusager

Hello Forum,

I recently upgraded to Virtuemart 3.2.4 and Joomla 3.8.0 and am now receiving the following errors:

QuoteWarning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in .../components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1316

Warning: Illegal offset type in .../components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1318

When I search the router.php file I find the following:

Quote} else {
               static $msg = array();
line 1316               if(empty($msg[$item])){
                  vmdebug('my item with empty $link["view"]',$item);
line 1318                  $msg[$item] = 1;
               }

When I turn off SEO friendly URLS in global configuration the error disappears but this of course is not optimal.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jörgen

Turn on debug for VM and You should see what item has the empty link :) (line 3218)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Are you using the "stable" or "experimental" (ie new) router in J3.8?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jfusager

Quote from: Jörgen on October 04, 2017, 06:58:58 AM
Turn on debug for VM and You should see what item has the empty link :) (line 3218)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Found it, deleted it, and solved it.

Thank you very much!

1Roso

Hello all, I',m new to Joomla and VirtueMart, but this issue has occured to me after upgrading to VirtueMart 3.2.4 on Joomla 2.5.27:

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /data/www/WEBSITE/WEBSITE/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1316
Warning: Illegal offset type in /data/www/WEBSITE/WEBSITE/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1318
Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /data/www/WEBSITE/WEBSITE/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1316
Warning: Illegal offset type in /data/www/WEBSITE/WEBSITE/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 1318

... even when VM Debug for System and Language is turned off.

In the Joomla debug console I don't see ANY errors...

Where did you find the empty <something> ???

Many thanks to anyone guiding me as a total beginner to a solution.