News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related products in pop-up doesn't appear.

Started by titolin10, October 16, 2017, 11:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

Hi everyone :)

Firstly I hope this topic is in the right place and let me thank Virtuemart's team for all of the efforts to come out with this good component.

and of course we need to see more developments for virtuemart to compete well vs woocommerce.   ;D ;D ;D

Secondly my topic is regarding to some problems I face and before I wrote this topic I searched for any solution but can't find it.

I'm using virtuemart 3.2.4 with joomla 3.8.1  and I use purchased template.

my problem is about Related products on the pop-up after pressing on add to cart button

I already activated  show related products in the popup .. but it's not working

and I found  this topic in forum http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=130423.0

then I return back to my developer who said "our template use the code the same with default VM"

and he asked me this question:

"did you configure popup_rel and custom field for your product? "

So right now I don't know if custom fields  is  reason or what is it

I think related products should appear depending on the product category .. or am I wrong ??

Please help!

Thanks

jenkinhill

Related products are set for each product by the vendor. For each product open the Custom Fields tab of the product editor, where you will be able to enter Related Products for that product.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

titolin10

Thank you very much for your fast response

May I know which Custom Field Type I should use ?

and if there is a tutorial regarding to that then I follow.

jenkinhill

It is very easy and obvious! Did you look at the Product customs tab?

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

titolin10