VM 3.2.4 Products won't reveal on catagory layout.

Started by kaiserdom, September 29, 2017, 21:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserdom

Hello

I updated my Virtuemart to the last version 3.2.4 and decided to run my Frontshop in the Category Layout rather than in the obsolete one. First I set up my Virtuemart Configuration options and after that the Joomla Menu Item options for my Frontshop page. That resulted to a totally empty Frontend. No latest products, nor featured or recent products are shown up. The weirdest of all is that with the same adjustments on localhost everything is working fine. 

Joomla 3.8.0
Virtuemart 3.2.4
PHP 7.1.9

jmaroga

I have the same issue than you, and exactly the same versions of joomla and virtuemart...
did you find any solution?

kaiserdom

Unfortunately no. I'm thinking of downgrading my Virtuemart version to 3.2.2.

jenkinhill

And what happens if you select a category and set the category view to show the products in that category?

Are you using default VM templates or commercial template/overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kaiserdom

If I choose the option "Show products of the selected category", only the pagination reveals but none product.
I must also repeat that everything works like a charm on localhost.

franzpeter

franzpeter

If the template in case of category layout is not updated for VM 3.2.4 it may not work. In that case choose the Virtuemart Standard page instead of doing it with the new way using category page. It is deprecated but it still works, especially if you use and old template not adapted to VM 3.2.4.

kaiserdom

Thank you for your help. I know that the Depricated Shopfront works, but I need the new one. It's not the template. I know because I run exactly the same page on localhost without a problem.

Studio 42

kaiserdom

It was the Product Model core hack that works great in my localhost but not in my live site. Anyhow, I managed to fix it. Thanks for every single help and I'm sorry for the wrong alert, but my localhost's proper operation confused me and made me wrongly believe that it was Virtuemart's bug.

Studio 42

Quote from: kaiserdom on October 03, 2017, 21:16:06 PM
It was the Product Model core hack that works great in my localhost but not in my live site
Find another solution as a core hack. With a system plugin to declare the product class onAfterInitialise is enough to override original file.
See https://docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/System