News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email Issues from Virtuemart not working

Started by tango, September 27, 2017, 23:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tango

VirtueMart 3.2.4
Joomla 3.8.0

I have installed Virtuemart 3.2.4 on joomla 3.8.0 on my domain

Everything seems to work fine except for the email notifications coming from Virtuemart. Email notifications from joomla are fine and I have tested using SMTP, PHP Mail and SendMail functions.

Within Virtuemart I as the vendor nor the customer are getting email notifications even though the settings within virtuemart are correct.

When the order is update we get an error 'Could not send a message to XXXX'

i am unsure what else it could be and I have ensured the correct settings under Configuration-Email

Please help

tango

I fail to mention I am using the paypal payment option

tango

Guys - I could really do with some assistance here as I am unable to find any issues or errors within log files to suggest there is a problem however no one is getting any emails from Virtuemart but all email options within Joomla is working (PHP Mailer, SMTP, SendMail)

Quote from: tango on September 27, 2017, 23:10:39 PM
VirtueMart 3.2.4
Joomla 3.8.0

I have installed Virtuemart 3.2.4 on joomla 3.8.0 on my domain

Everything seems to work fine except for the email notifications coming from Virtuemart. Email notifications from joomla are fine and I have tested using SMTP, PHP Mail and SendMail functions.

Within Virtuemart I as the vendor nor the customer are getting email notifications even though the settings within virtuemart are correct.

When the order is update we get an error 'Could not send a message to XXXX'

i am unsure what else it could be and I have ensured the correct settings under Configuration-Email

Please help

GJC Web Design

Try digging into the email functions of VM in the helper/shopfunctionsf.php

debug and echo out the vars there to ensure u have all required info for the JMail function

the error is raised in orders.php

$view = shopFunctionsF::prepareViewForMail('invoice', $vars);
$res = shopFunctionsF::sendVmMail( $view, $shopperEmail, false );

}

if(is_object($res) or !$res){
$string = 'COM_VIRTUEMART_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER_ERR_SEND';
vmdebug('notifyCustomer function shopFunctionsF::renderMail throws JException');
$res = 0;
} //We need this, to prevent that a false alert is thrown.
else if ($res and $res!=-1) {
$string = 'COM_VIRTUEMART_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER_SEND_MSG';
}

$res = shopFunctionsF::sendVmMail( $view, $shopperEmail, false );  is failing .. something is missing .. turn on VM debug .. there might be more info
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

tango

Thank you for the reply - I will investigate and dig a little further.