Main Menu

Multi variant custom field

Started by alatak, September 26, 2017, 10:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alatak

Hello

I am using multivariant custom field:
- in the category view all options are displayed correctly
- in the product view, at first all option are displayed correctly, but if i select one, the first option disappears from the list.

kloczka

Hi,

I have the same problem... :(

Joomla ver. 3.8.0
VM ver. 3.2.4
PHP 5.6.23
MySQL 5.6.36

Milbo

When you use only labels, then you must not set a value for the parent. Just keep the "Select a variant". When you use product attributes, you do not have this problem. The reason behind that is that labels are only set for children.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hello

QuoteWhen you use only labels, then you must not set a value for the parent. Just keep the "Select a variant".
I never noticed that before.
With Virtueplanet templates it works like a charme setting a value to the parent. Ok i know   template ovveride a lot of VM functions.

QuoteJust keep the "Select a variant". When you use product attributes, you do not have this problem.
Ok so the parent has the SElect a variant attribute.
Once you select a variant  "Select a variant" disappears from the list.
I do understand that the client must at this step do a selection,  but why remove that option from the list ?

atrus

Same problem here. Just tested also with a product attribute (Width), same issue, looks like a bug max, hope you can take alook

Milbo

Damn, I had a kind of typo in /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts

I added the $product->virtuemart_product_id instead of the $customfield->virtuemart_product_id
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Thank you Max,

works like a charm now
(happy)

kloczka

kloczka

upsz!

I do not know what happened
(expired cache, I suspect)
I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelCustomfields::renderCustomfieldPrice() in /chroot/home/securemm/securemme.hu/html/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/customfield.php on line 516