VM3.2.4 Registration notification not sent to all system email recipients

Started by bcohen0, September 24, 2017, 21:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcohen0

I have selected additional shoppers/admins to receive system emails, because I would like to monitor my client's website for a while. Unfortunately, the registration notifications are only going to the vendor email  address. I've traced this code and seen that it is specifically only sending to the vendor, and doesn't check for any other designated accounts to send emails to. Joomla queries all emails that have been designated to receive system notifications, and sends a notification to them all, but, of course, virtuemart does not use that code.

Is there an alternate way to make this happen?

I think this should be properly fixed. The option to receive system emails is there to be used. I haven't checked any of the other system emails, but I wonder if any of them go to all accounts selected to receive system emails?

It seems to me that this method, in shopfunctionsf, is where it could go:     line 511

static public function renderMail ($viewName, $recipient, $vars = array(), $controllerName = NULL, $noVendorMail = FALSE,$useDefault=true) {

It looks to me that this method, after sending to whoever, then checks if it is supposed to also send to vendor. If it was amended to check for all system email recipients and send to all them them as well as the vendor, the problem would be solved.

jenkinhill

There were too many complaints about registration emails being sent to superadmins that the code was changed a few versions back. You may be able to use the "Additional vendor email addresses" option in Configuration/Emails to add those who actually want tose emails.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bcohen0

OK, but I don't actually understand...isn't that what the "should receive System Emails" selection is about? Not everyone who's superadmin, just those shoppers with that switch set?

Alright, so I tested this , and it turns out that it doesn't work for new registrations. It doesn't send to the additional vendors, if it's the new registration email. It works for orders, it seems.

Milbo

"should receive System Emails" of the system joomla. Not of the system VirtueMart.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member