News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart menu has disappeared

Started by sylwekb, September 22, 2017, 15:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylwekb

I updated to the latest version 3.7.5, Virtuemart 3.2.4. I'm not upgrading to version 3.8 yet
The Components menu is Virtuemart.
The Virtuemart menu, which was always to the right of the Joomla Help Menu, has disappeared. Unfortunately I can not find this separate VirtueMart menu found in Joomla.

jenkinhill

Check in Joomla modules, select the Administrator list option and you should see VM - Administrator Module   - if not there that that suggests an installation issue.  This module is installed as part of the aio package.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

UnknownQuestions

I had the same problem on some older sites upgraded many times over the years from VM 2.0.x through to VM 3.x

The "VirtueMart" (and it's drop down caret) menu item, which (on new VM sites) should appear to the right of the Joomla Help Menu item, on the top Joomla admin menu wasn't ever visible

It would appear OK as normal under the Components menu, complete with the VM 2nd level menu as a pop out to it's right

The problem appears to be that the VirtueMart Administrator Menu Module hadn't been created by aio, so as it didn't have a Title, nor a Position, it wouldn't even appear in domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules

However, looking at domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=manage (selecting administrator & module) I could see the VirtueMart Administrator Menu listed at the bottom along with it's ID# in the final column e.g. ID# = 10022

Looking at the URI to add a new module on another of my VM sites that has the menu appearing correctly, I could see the link to add a new module for the type "Administrator VM Menu / VirtueMart Administrator Menu Module" was domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&task=module.add&eid=10022

This just needed the module to be given a Title of "VM - Administrator Module" and a Position of "menu"

As soon as you click on the "Save" button you'll see the "VirtueMart v" appear to the right of the Joomla "Help" menu item

Using phpMyAdmin to view the __extensions table, I could see the line for "mod_vmmenu" which obviously had the "extension_id" set to "10022"

it also showed the "params" field had {"show_vmmenu":"1"} on some sites and just {} on other sites - changing this instead of using the Joomla admin method described above didn't make any difference to making the "VirtueMart v" appear to the right of the Joomla "Help" menu item

UnknownQuestions

QuoteThe problem appears to be that the VirtueMart Administrator Menu Module hadn't been created by aio, so as it didn't have a Title, nor a Position, it wouldn't even appear in domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules

QuoteLooking at the URI to add a new module on another of my VM sites that has the menu appearing correctly, I could see the link to add a new module for the type "Administrator VM Menu / VirtueMart Administrator Menu Module" was domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&task=module.add&eid=10022

I forgot to say that choosing Modules (Administrator) "New" at domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&view=select didn't have any option to for "Administrator VM Menu - VirtueMart Administrator Menu Module" just the "Administrator Menu" and "Administrator Sub-Menu"

However, after I ran domain.tld/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&task=module.add&eid=10022 the option "Administrator VM Menu" to create more menus appeared in that list

ufo_hk

Thanks for the info!
Had a similar issue on a site - no VM - Admin menu in the top level of the Joomla admin menu. Although it was appearing under the components menu.

Re-installed latest version of VM and AIO etc.
Then I simply added new module in <Extensions><modules> <administrator> <new> Select  <Administrator VM Menu> assign to position "menu" and it appeared correctly.