News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Setting up Conditions for Order Cancellation

Started by Traveller47, May 14, 2022, 15:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveller47

Joomla 3.10.9. PHP 7.4.28, VM 4.02

I have read a number of posts regarding this topic but cannot find out how to set up the conditions under which  an order may be cancelled. Where does one set the minimum order value, the time limit, the product information and the relevant order status etc?
Any help will be appreciated.

Jörgen

Cancelled by whom, vendor or customer, at checkout or after this?
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

Thanks for the reply - sorry for delay in replying.
I want to set up the conditions for when a customer wishes to cancel an order already placed, so after checkout when a PayPal payment has already been made.

Regards

Jörgen

You have to explain this more clearly.

You can at any time, limited by PayPal of course, refund your customer.

What are you trying to accomplish? I have never seen a shop with automatic refund procedures.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pinochico

QuoteI have never seen a shop with automatic refund procedures.

I see.
Our plugin Gopay payment.

Because we use the Gopay payment module and this module can automatically return money from the payment gateway to the customer if the order status is marked as Returned in administration shop.
Unfortunately I think PayPal plugin can only use IPN to change order status one way from papal to e-shop and not like Gopay plugin bidirectionally => from e-shop to Gopay.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

This is what Paypal also does, but I would not call this automatic. It is the shop owner that initiates this. It is nothing the customer controls.

If you refund from Paypal, the order gets updated. And i think the other way around works to, do not use this option. I make the refund through Paypal.
Test and see what happens.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pinochico

QuoteThis is what Paypal also does, but I would not call this automatic.

We don't use Paypal a lot of time, but I remember if I change in admin order to refunded, then PayPal don't refunded money automatically.
Gopay yes, but only in administration.
But a lot of shop's owners (vendors) don't want automatically, then we have to add to setup plugin if YES or NO.

Customer can't option on FE change order to refunded, only cancel - that is right idea. -> Others solutions I think have to be developed as custom.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Traveller47

Thamks for all the above replies -they are appreciated.

This post was originally raised because I had an order which was changed to "Cancelled" somehow or other. This was not done by admin. The same order also generated the common error "An error with your payment method Paypal on your store ****** Shop. The details are logged in the file paypal.3.log.php - the Vrtuemart Team". Whether the two are related, I do not know. However, the normal payment was received in the relevant Paypal account and an email from Paypal notified of the receipt of the sum.

I then spent some time reading various forums to try to understand, unsuccessfully, what had happened. I came across posts such as this on the Virtuemart forum:

The functionality to create conditions for order cancellation is provided to admin.
The conditions of cancellation are based on four scenarios. Firstly on order price where admin needs to set a minimum amount for the order to be canceled.
The next scenario that has been given for cancellation is the time duration which is customisable up to the day, hour and minutes of order.
The third most scenario that has been provided is according to the status of the order.
The last scenario is on the basis of products.
The configuration of Email templating for both admin and buyers is available.
Easy to configure and handle at admin end.
Allows registered/guest users to cancel their order.

I then realised that I did not understand how order cancellation should be set up and raised my original post.

Any further comments appreciated.