News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Membership

Started by Agaton, September 15, 2017, 12:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agaton

I have subscribed to virtuemart membership but once again there seems to be nothing going on...

In the sales pitch it says "Added Value", "additional styles", "Early Access" and all these lovely terms. But yet when I login to virtuemart I see no links offering these options and the link given as a download link still downloads version 3.0.12.2 a version over a year old...

Is membership actually working?

Agaton

Looking through the whole site structure I am still struggling to see the benefit of my subscription. I cannot locate "Early Access Version" or "Additional layouts for product views, category views, etc. (For example 'add multiple products')".

Could someone please assist me.

Jörgen

Try adding Your membership code in the configuration. I guess it unlocks some bells and whistles.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Agaton

Tried that, doesn't unlock anything.....

Agaton

The link in the order confirmation goes to version 3.0.12.2, there are no extra tabs or links to "added value" content anywhere on the website. The code entered in the website is just sending info back and forth.

Milbo

Most of the add values went into the core. At the moment the working add value is the vendor module, which is helpful for a correct impressum by the vendor data and very helpful on multilanguage pages. Additionally there is another layout for the productdetails. But you are right, there will be soon a new membership version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Troels_E

@Milbo I cannot remember if it has been tried, but have you considered donations to be able to devote more time for development?

Why not keep the memberships for those who want to support you on an annual basis to be first in line for help/support. Just support, no added value or extra special features that takes extra time to do and keep separate from normal users etc.

Ask for donations when needed for development of features users want then people can easily put their money where their mouth is. And I am sure many would like to chip in for specific developments and you'd get user interest and commitment to a higher level than now IMO.

As is now I think it is easy for many to think that an annual amount is a little to much right here and now (and then you end up forgetting about it).
I am pretty sure a lot would pay up small amounts for speeding up developments, and you could naturally still keep the memberships for support but without the bells and whistles.

Sendt fra min Moto G (5) Plus med Tapatalk

Milbo

The membership can be used/seen as donation. Very simple. Really, read again. We had a donation system,.. less than 1000 euro a year. That is not even the rent for one month here in germany. I have to tax the donations, anyway.

The only difference are the steps, 50 euro, 100 euro, 150 euro and that you get something back.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

I really also wonder about, there are no bells and whistles and it was never promised. Did you ever read the description?

Jörgen

Hello Max

I guess the "bells and whistles" is a reference to me.

Yes I have read the description and I can see this quote:
QuoteWith your membership you get added value

Members can download versions of VirtueMart which include some small bonus packs and enhancements. These bear the same license (GPL) as VirtueMart, so can be used on as many websites as you like. Currently the download includes:

Extra modules to make multilanguage with Joomla easier (there will come more).
        Multilanguage vendor module (for legal requirements, Impressum)
    Additional layouts for product views, category views, etc. (For example 'add multiple products')

Exactly how the early version is accessed or how these modules are distributed does not say. I only guessed that the new "VirtueMart Membership Number" unlocked somethings in the software. Otherwise I really don´t see the point in having to connect to the Virtuemart server.

I am not complaining in any way. I just wanted to help. I guessed wrong this time.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Troels_E

Less than EUR1000... Ok then I'd say it was either used in a wrong way or there is much less active VM users than I thought.

And bells and whistles was just a reference to the added value description.

Sendt fra min Moto G (5) Plus med Tapatalk

lausianne

Hi,

I'll add my comments here rather than starting a new thread. Me too, I find the membership thing confusing.

I got the membership and am confused. The version that is offered for download is 3.0.12.2, while the current normal version number is 3.2.10. So the "advanced" version is much, much older than the regular one? What are the differences?

I entered my code in the config. But it didn't do anything, no confirmation, I see no change at all. Even the "Become a Supporter" ad is still there - I'd really like to get rid of that.

Then, about the domain: I ordered for the client domain, but during development I use a dev URL, of course. Maybe that's why nothing happens? Different URLs?

I'd appreciate some clarification. Thanks!

Regards,
Ralf

Jörgen

Hello

Having a membership gives You a faster handling of Your tickets for Virtuemart.  Start a ticket and ask Max if there is somthing speific tat he could Do for Your mebership.
If You only see VM 3.0.12 as the upgrade, must be an error in the upgrade function. You can download the current version and install, but there has been some template changes, so you better do this on a development site first.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Milbo

Quote from: lausianne on December 17, 2017, 09:58:39 AM
Then, about the domain: I ordered for the client domain, but during development I use a dev URL, of course. Maybe that's why nothing happens? Different URLs?

I fear there is the problem, yes.