News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Updating status of multiple shippings at same time results in a blank site

Started by kratzi, September 14, 2017, 20:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratzi

Hi I have updated my shop to J 3.7.5 and VM 3.2.4

I have a really bad error which I could not see while testing because I always only updated 1 or two orders at the same time.

When updating multiple orders at once (f.e. more than 6) I end up with a blank page. I can not reload the page otherwise it will repeat the process. Customers will receive their email double and I will have two same entries for shipped orders.

When I then look at my orders it is clear that only few orders got updated.

Any idea what the issue here is. My memory_limit is set to 265 so I would say this could be excluded.

Regards

GJC Web Design

blank page is a 500 error so it will be logged somewhere

if the pdf invoice is being created for each order ti could run out of memory

make some test orders, tun up all logging and debug and try updating multiple orders
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

kratzi

The error I get after I enabled debug is:

QuoteFatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in ../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmlanguage.php on line 246

Line 246 of the below code is self::$_loaded['com'][$site][] = $name; . Maybe connected to the issue I reported in in another post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=138389.0

/**
* loads a language file, the trick for us is that always the config option enableEnglish is tested
* and the path are already set and the correct order is used
* We use first the english language, then the default
* @author Max Milbers
* @static
* @param $name
* @return bool
*/
static public function loadJLang($name, $site = false, $tag = 0, $cache = true){

static $loaded = array();
//VmConfig::$echoDebug  = 1;
if(empty($tag)) {
$tag = self::$currLangTag;
}
$site = (int)$site;
self::$_loaded['com'][$site][] = $name;
self::getLanguage($tag);

$h = $site.$tag.$name;
if($cache and isset($loaded[$h])){
vmText::$language = self::$languages[$tag];
return self::$languages[$tag];
} else {
if(!isset(self::$languages[$tag])){
vmdebug('No language loaded '.$tag.' '.$name);
VmConfig::$logDebug = true;
vmTrace('No language loaded '.$tag.' '.$name,true);
return false ;
}
}

Maybe coincidence but what I could observe is that if I update multiple orders which are all in a row the error will not come up. However If you update multiple orders but leave some orders out of updating the error will occur.

Quoteif the pdf invoice is being created for each order ti could run out of memory

I have not created any PDF invoice for any of these orders. But for some reason yes the whole order update takes a huge amount of memory in my case.

Would be nice someone could test.

Thank you

jenkinhill

You run out of PHP memory when making so many updates at once. That is what the error message tells you. I guess you have memory_limit  in the server php.ini set to 256M and that is not enough for what you are trying.  - increase it to 512M
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kratzi

QuoteYou run out of PHP memory when making so many updates at once. That is what the error message tells you. I guess you have memory_limit  in the server php.ini set to 256M and that is not enough for what you are trying.  - increase it to 512M

It is not like I would update hundreds of orders at once. Usually about 10-20. And it already worked for years now.

@ Venci Gentchev

Thank you for pointing me to the file. It helped a lot and the issue is gone. I appreciate your help.

mahootshop

its a bug report of virtuemart 3.2.4  on joomla 3.7.5

after trying to update order statuses more than 7 order in orders list (batch them) we recieve:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1073741832 bytes) in (***)/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmlanguage.php on line 246

the line 246 is :
  $tag = self::$currLangTag;
    self::$_loaded['mod'][] = $name;

replace with virtuemart 3.2.2 code which is:

$tag = self::$currLangTag;;

:)) with one ; ofcourse

the problem is solved.

info for undrestanding the situation:
our virtuemart has one language in front end
Configs:
Use english as fallback for untranslated strings: checked
Multilingual shop: one language is there(its persian(IR))
No Fallback:  checked
Custom Fallback: NO

Studio 42

Quote from: mahootshop on September 30, 2017, 09:33:06 AM

its a bug report of virtuemart 3.2.4  on joomla 3.7.5

after trying to update order statuses more than 7 order in orders list (batch them) we recieve:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1073741832 bytes) in (***)/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmlanguage.php on line 246
patch
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository/revisions/9632 is a better solution

mahootshop

We are talking about a bug in version 3.2.4,  and the solution took from 3.2.3.
Sorry I can't understand, why 3.0.12 is modified?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

jenkinhill

In the repository com_virtuemart.3.0.12.4 is the branch containing the latest files.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum