News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Migrating from Shopify to Virtuemart

Started by confectionery, September 13, 2017, 08:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confectionery

Hi,
as a non technical person I would like to know if it is possible to migrate a website from Shopify to virtuemart.  Would it be a complex process for a 'newbie' and someone who does not have a huge budget?
Can someone point me in the right direction?

jenkinhill

It is not possible to "migrate" from a hosted remote shopping system like Shopify to a Joomla/VirtueMart website as they provide no export tools. It's a case of building the site and manually entering products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

I think they do give possibilities:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/import-export

But the exported csv data must be in the right form for import to Virtuemart. I don´t Think this is a newbie task, but it is doable.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Ah! I could not find that. Does open the possibility of using CSVi to import data into VM, but l agree, this does require quite a bit of csv experience.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

confectionery

thanxs guys!  So either option is scary... starting from scratch or tackling CSV lists. best to stay put.
tks again

Studio 42

Hi,
You can use my tool https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm to import categories,manufacturers,images,products and customfields.
You can use an .xls or .ods file or .csv to import all. Check the sample files in Vm Be Pro description to know the mandatory fields.