Language override of COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME not applied

Started by David, September 09, 2017, 02:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have created a language override of COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME, which is used in mail_html_header.php, but that override is not applied in resulting emails.
Can anyone confirm this faulty behavior?
Joomla 3.8.3, VirtueMart 3.4.2

Jörgen

What language ?
Have You created the back end override also ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

David

The language is Czech, but it probably does not matter.
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME is front-end string only.

Jörgen

Create the back en override and see what happens.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

David

Sorry, but I dont know how to create a back-end override of a string, which only exist in front end.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

David

Jörgen,
if you are going to create a language override, you must first find the string, which you want to override. The string is either destined for the site area (front end) or for the administration area (back end). What I am telling you is that
1) string COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME only exists for the site area (not for the admin - back end area)
and
2) I have already created an override for it and it is not applied (which is why I created this forum topic)

Jörgen

You can create an override for the string in the backend even if it not exists from the start. If it is reached from the backend then it will be used.

You have not said if it displays in english or if it displays as: COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME

If it displays as COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME it is missing and inserting it as an override it will make it translate.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

David

Quote from: Jörgen on September 12, 2017, 22:41:42 PM
You can create an override for the string in the backend even if it not exists from the start. If it is reached from the backend then it will be used.

You were right - it was necessary to create an override of COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME for the back end, though the string only existed for the front end. I don't see much logic in it, but certainly thanks for your assistance :).

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x