News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Addin new product and can't see any of the categories from the list

Started by kamnaderi, September 08, 2017, 16:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamnaderi

Hi,

I'm using VM version 3.2.4 and recently when I'm trying to add new products or amend an old one, I don't see the categories. Usually when I used to click on Category field, a drop down would appear and I could choose one or more categories.
Now I don't get the category list!!

Any help would be apprecaited.

Kam

Jörgen

The first question you should ask. What did i change. Revert that and you will have an answer.

Regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

kamnaderi

Hi,

I had changed the PHP to 7.0 from 5.3.6. I changed it back and still the same. Funny part is if I go to Product list, some of the old items which were allocated to a category, would show their category name in front but when I open the item, the category field is empty. you can see the highlighted parts in attached images.

Jörgen

If You save a product with the category empty, you will delete the category for the product.
I guess You saw some cached content for the product.

Don´t save any product until You what is going on. Are You having some js conflicts in backend ?

I guess You are You using another template that isis for the back end ?

Try using Isis.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kamnaderi

Thanks for the link. I added the piece of code to .htaccess.txt and problem is still there.
I should mention the drop down menu for "manufacturer" is fine and it's just the category that doesn' t drop down the list.

kamnaderi

Jörgen,

thanks for the posts. I can't see the place to change the template to isis...

Jörgen

Same Place where You change the template for the front end. Just choose back end instead.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

kamnaderi

Thanks. It is set to isis. Although I changed it Hathor and still the same so I put it back to isis.

This has got to be a issue in some codes somewhere. When I click on Category field, I can see thin line appears under the field box which I guess it's the top boarder of drop down menu.

Agaton

I don't know if this helps or is relevant but I had a similar problem on Friday 3rd where none of the categories were displayed in the admin area but instead a loading icon was being displayed.

After multiple tests on my dev site it was apparent that the Joomla update did not update VM properly. I used install area to upload Joomla 3.7.5 again then VM 3.2.4 then clicked fix in database (even though it said nothing needed fixing) on doing this categories appeared again on all my installs.

kamnaderi

Thanks. I tried your method and even reloaded the components/com_virtuemart and administrator/components/com_virtuemart entire folder, fixed the database and still the same.

I enabled the debug and shows no errors. However I noticed the vmdebug php version is 5.4 and my domain is set to php 7.0.. not sure if it's related at all. I did put it back to 5.6 (what it was before) and still problem presists.

Here is the debug message:

2 vmdebug Show All Errors
3 vmdebug 1 Language, default shoplanguage (VmConfig::$jDefLang): en_gb en-GB
4 vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00448703765869141
5 vmdebug Start used Ram 8M
6 vmdebug loaded 0en-GBcom_virtuemart /homepages/12/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/administrator/components/com_virtuemart en-GB
7 vmdebug getVendorId manager
8 vmdebug Active vendor 0 1
9 vmdebug Set 42 to 1
10 vmdebug My Memory Limit in Bytes 268435456
11 vmdebug loaded 1en-GBcom_virtuemart_orders /homepages/121/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/components/com_virtuemart en-GB
12 vmdebug loaded 1en-GBcom_virtuemart_shoppers /homepages/12/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/components/com_virtuemart en-GB
13 vmdebug getVendorId manager
14 vmdebug $superVendor by vmAccess::getVendorId Var1:

15 vmdebug loaded 0en-GBcom_virtuemart_help /homepages/12/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/administrator/components/com_virtuemart en-GB
16 vmdebug loaded 0en-GBcom_virtuemart_media /homepages/12/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/administrator/components/com_virtuemart en-GB
17 vmdebug My Memory Limit in MB 251
18 vmdebug vmTime: "VirtueMartControllerProduct" Finished task product: 1.74771499633789
19 vmdebug End used Ram 18M
20 vmdebug Peak memory peak 18M
21 vmdebug loaded 0en-GBcom_virtuemart.sys /homepages/12/d268571395/htdocs/webfolder/administrator/components/com_virtuemart en-GB

Agaton

I uploaded everything via install not update... so i uploaded joomla 3.7.5 full package, them vm, aio and tdf of the full download package then clicked fix in database and everything worked fine after that.

I DID NOT use patch.

Milbo

Spike, there exists no patch. Our installer is just an installer. When you install it over an existing installation, anything is overwritten and the "fix database" thing is executed.

"However I noticed the vmdebug php version is 5.4 and my domain is set to php 7.0."
It means your page runs on php5.4. The message in the vmdebug says the actual used version. It cant be wrong.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kamnaderi

Thanks Milbo.
I have the issue with mulitvendor discussed in another post.
That might be it.
I have two users and one set as vendor. Still when I go to configuration, it says

Warning
You are using single vendor mode, but it seems more than one user is set as vendor

Also you mentioned in another post: "
There is a config, which sets the maximum categories per product for your vendor. Check your vendor/store settings."
But I can't see anthing about settng the maximum catergories per product under the vendor/store settigns

Agaton

I din't know that, all I know is that uploading via installer was the fix for my issue... rather than using the update function.