News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I'd like to duplicate product and related child product

Started by Web Marketing Vicenza, September 07, 2017, 10:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Marketing Vicenza

DO you know if it is possible to duplicate product with child product?
I remember that in previous version of VM this was possible.
TYhanks
Agenzia di Web Marketing Vicenza specializzata in marketing digitale per aziende: Evisole Studio Associato

Stefan Korth

I have seen this question at least twice, no reply. I am also looking for this feature, is there a workaround to copy a product incl. its child products, the product variations?

Studio 42

Quote from: Stefan Korth on May 05, 2018, 12:32:50 PM
I have seen this question at least twice, no reply. I am also looking for this feature, is there a workaround to copy a product incl. its child products, the product variations?
It's note so easy, because you need to know parent ID to associate the children. A solution to speedup the process is to use my VM Be Pro component, because you can change directly the parent ID in the list and it's saved with ajax.
So for eg, you clone the product and childs(in vm be pro)
You get the id cloned main product and update(copy/paste) for each new child the parent ID directly in the list( you dont have to go in each product to do this in vm be pro). see https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm and contact me, if it's not clear

Joao Ferraz

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 06, 2018, 00:50:31 AM
Quote from: Stefan Korth on May 05, 2018, 12:32:50 PM
It's note so easy, because you need to know parent ID to associate the children. A solution to speedup the process is to use my VM Be Pro component, because you can change directly the parent ID in the list and it's saved with ajax.
So for eg, you clone the product and childs(in vm be pro)
You get the id cloned main product and update(copy/paste) for each new child the parent ID directly in the list( you dont have to go in each product to do this in vm be pro). see https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm and contact me, if it's not clear

Hi, do you have a demo site? I'd like see how can i clone a product with a Multi Variant childs.
Thanks

Studio 42

Quote from: Joao Ferraz on June 06, 2018, 23:50:37 PM
Hi, do you have a demo site? I'd like see how can i clone a product with a Multi Variant childs.
You cannot clone Multi Variant correctly, you have to do it after.
The advantage is the time you need to modify parent ID and vm be pro can display an unlimited tree of child, so it's very easy to correct the cloned parent>child