News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

copies of exactly the same product

Started by cocacolacowboys, September 06, 2017, 17:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocacolacowboys

I try to add products to Virtuemart, but always get two (or more) copies of exactly the same product - see attached file. I have installed Joomla twice, but still get this error. What am I doing wrong?

Whoever helps me with this problem will be today's great hero

jenkinhill

First:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128401.0

Are there two products in the backend, too?  Do two products show when you use Protostar?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cocacolacowboys

My first post here, so sorry for missing versions.
Joomla is 3.7.5 and Virtual Map is version 3.2.4.
And yes, there are two exact copies of a product even when I test with Protostar

Jörgen

Do you use some custom template in the backend ?

Are there really extra copies in the database, do You see more than one copy int the backend, do they have different item ids ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

cocacolacowboys

Hi and thank you. You are right, there are no extra copies in the database, and only one item id. The question is what it may be due to?

Jörgen

My guess is Your template.

Have You really tested with Protostar ?

How does it look with more than one product ?

Live URL ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

cocacolacowboys

Yes, I have tried with Protostar. If I have two different products, I have two products of each. So strange ...

jenkinhill

OK, your template hides the title above those products. Using the url http://appmaker4u.com/2017/teknikhouse2/index.php/mobilreservdelar?tmpl=component&template=protostar ( forces protostar to effectively use the default VM templates) shows the titles:  Produkter  for the top one and Senaste produkter (latest products) for the second.

You need to correctly configure the layout of the page, probably with the menu configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cocacolacowboys

Thank u so much, but I do not understand what I should do. I can see I have Product and Latest Product, bu what shall I do with the Menu configuration?

cocacolacowboys

Thank you again. Finally after 10 hours  it is fixed.

Milbo

I hope you did this via the settings. There is no need to hack,... btw use the "omit" feature, then products do not appear more than one time on the screen
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member