News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal not working correctly

Started by Channel Digital, August 30, 2017, 19:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Channel Digital

Since updating to the latest version of everything (Joomla 3.7.5, VM 3.2.4) PayPal Express does not appear in the Payment options section of the checkout.

Switching it to standard PayPal shows the option to choose PayPal, but the return from PayPal doesn't happen so orders don't get updated. There's no return URL in the log either.

Rolled back just the PayPal payment plugin to previous version from backup. PayPal Express will show as an option under Payment section, but selecting it and confirming the purchase does nothing except:
1. Greys out the user fields
2. Removes the confirm button

However, if using the PayPal Express checkout button it takes you to:
1. PayPal > PP sign in > PP confirm > back to site
2. Select PayPal > confirm purchase > performs transaction and loads the order info in the checkout page itself.

Also using latest RuposTel One Page Checkout, and have posted this info there.

Milbo

PayPal Express does not appear in the Payment options section of the checkout.

That is intended, there is imho a new parameter, to activate it again (itemize or so)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Channel Digital

Hi Milbo,

Isn't the option supposed to appear, and be pre-selected, when the customer has returned to the cart after logging in to PayPal? Because it doesn't appear at all.

Where is the parameter to activate it again?

Milbo

VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_CART_ITEMISE in the Backend
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Channel Digital

Yep already tried that, makes the PP Express button disappear completely.

Currently hacking my way to a workaround.