Changing shopper groups, wholesale and retail pricing displayed for guests.

Started by dylanphelan, August 24, 2017, 23:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylanphelan

Hi

I have a website that only had one shopper group -default-

Those default prices are all the wholesale prices and they were hidden from guests (I think I had to edit some code to do that).

Now, we are setting up the site to work as a wholesale and retail site.

I have renamed the original default shopper group to wholesale, I see that all the shoppers are now assigned to the wholesale group correctly.

Guests, as well as any newly registered members should see the retail prices. I have a CSV Improved subscription, I could use that to import pricing to shopper groups (can you do that now - I saw post from while back saying you couldn't).

Newly registered users can then fill in a wholesale application and then an administrator needs to assign them to the wholesale group.

I don't see an option to create a price calculation for guests.

Would much appreciate some advice.

Thanks

jenkinhill

Yes you set shopper group specific prices.

Not sure what you mean. You can set tax/calculation rulesto be applied to specific shopper groups. 

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dylanphelan

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 25, 2017, 10:40:32 AM

Not sure what you mean. You can set tax/calculation rulesto be applied to specific shopper groups. 

Hi,

I meant that when I go into the price and calculation rules I get the option to create rules for retail and wholesale shopper groups.

Originally there was only one shopper group (default). All registered users were wholesale buyers and were automatically placed in the default shopper group.

Now, I renamed the default shopper group to 'wholesale' and created a new shopper group called 'retail'.

Guests / non-registered users should see the 'retail' shopper group price, but it seems that  the 'wholesale' price is the original / default price.

Retail prices are calculated from the wholesale price, so that is fine, but in price and calculation rules, it doesn't give the option to calculate a price for guests.

thanks!

dylanphelan

I have made a bit of progress with this. I imported all my original prices and added them to the wholesale shopper group.
I have then created a retail and anonymous group.
I then created 2 rules to double up from wholesale to retail prices and to add VAT to retail prices only.

I created a test product at the wholesale price of R1. When viewing the product as a guest it displays correctly, according to the rules it is R2.28 - that  is correct.
Only issue is that when I log in as a wholesale buyer, it should display at a price of R1, but it displays at the price of R2.28 - which is the retail / anonymous price.

I have attached a few images.

would really appreciate some input. Thanks.

dylanphelan

I also note that in all the original 870 products, the original price which is now the wholesale price is to

base price - apply default rules
final price - apply default rules

Then in the retail shopper group area, it is set as follows:

base price - apply no rule

In my test product, it is set as

base price - apply default rules

Please see the screenshot, this is one of the original products, not my test product - I have checked  a few products and they all have these settings applied.

dylanphelan

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 25, 2017, 10:40:32 AM

http://www.darrensnovelties.co.za/new/rugby/rugby-coffe-mugs/test-detail

It is VM 3.2.2
Joomla 3.7.5