Hide child products from category view and modules but display in search results

Started by AzMandius, August 24, 2017, 21:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzMandius

Hello,
VirtueMart 3.0.2 and Joomla! 3.3.6 (ToolStore template) here.

I am using child products feature to offer products variants with different prices:
ATTACHMENT 1

And of course i need those child products displayed in search results, so i have enabled the "Show uncategorised child products in search results and modules" option, and it works.

But, unfortunately those child products are displayed in shop front, shop category view, Popular products module, Recommended products module, Latest products module, etc. view as well:
ATTACHMENT 2
ATTACHMENT 3

I know it is possible to hide those child products from category view and modules via some code modification, and hope someone could guide me.

Thanks a lot.
AzBlog.me | Mentally healthy content & lnks.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AzMandius

Nope, that's the point, i thought if they don't have categories hey should not be displayed :)

jenkinhill

Quote from: AzMandius on August 24, 2017, 21:55:17 PM
VirtueMart 3.0.2 and Joomla! 3.3.6 (ToolStore template) here.

Those versions are very old and known to be insecure.  (VM3.0.2 is nearly 3 years old). See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Almost certainly your template will need updating, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AzMandius

I was like "wow! a reply! cool! now i will probably solve my issue, let me quickly read the reply..." why is it so complicated to ask for help on a board without getting obvious suggestions about updates, i mean i am fully aware of outdated software, and as soon as i will finish my list of tasks i will proceed with updates, but thanks for pointing that out.

jenkinhill

You may find that your issue is fixed as part of the update..............   
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

davi7852@yahoo.com

AZ Mandius: Did you ever get a reply to this topic?  I'm trying to figure out the same thing, Joomla 3.9.10 VM 3.4.2

AzMandius

Unfortunately not, i could not force child product disappear from these modules. Kinda just live with it. You might try kindly ask the support of your template about this, as on this VM forum you won't get much help as you see :)

kaiserdom

I've attached a pdf guide which contains all the steps in order to accomplish that.

Have a nice day

AzMandius

kaiserdom

Thank you. I don't know if it works for you, but for me it gets the job done. I hope that eventually VM Developers will listen to so many webshop designers asking for a clean solution.