News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Could not rename invoice Backend error

Started by misholini, August 24, 2017, 11:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misholini

Hi,
All working fine, but when trying to delete an order from Virtuemart administration, and if order has an invoice assigned to it then an error occurs:

Warning
JFTP: :rename: Bad response.
Rename failed.
Error
vmError: Could not rename Invoice /home/..../safepath_folder/invoices/vminvoice_1.pdf to /home/......../safepath_folder/invoices/vminvoice_1.pdf_deprecated20170824_C.pdf

Will appreciate your input on this.

xhaldos

+1
Having the same problem here. It appeared after migrating the site to another host server and setting all permissions to Joomla standards (755/644). I don't know if this is a permission error, but perhaps? What did you do prior to finding this problem? Help would be highly appreciated!

edit:
I found a solution for me: It was that I copied the shop into a subdirectory <mydomain>/testshop/ for testing purposes but it didn't change the SafePaths, they still pointed to <mydomain>/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/<number>, this was a valid directory but the /testshop/ had no permissions to change files there. However even since I now changed the Safe Path eMails won't get sent to the shopper after changing order statuses (even though I've enabled it properly). I believe it also has something to do with the directory paths.

edit2:
I just unchecked "Use the vendor email address" In VM Configuration. Now it seems to be working. I would still like to find out why it doesn't work the other way around.
Production: Joomla 3.8.x | VM 3.2.4 | PHP 7.1.9
Testing     : Joomla 3.8.x | VM 3.2.4 | PHP 7.1.9