News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item

Started by Roderic, July 04, 2017, 14:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roderic

Since 3.2.2 it keeps saying I should "Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item". It is assigned, in all the languages the website uses. It always worked fine untill this last update.
I didn't think much of it and ignored it mostly, untill I found out that Google has since been indexing the whole site, while the virtuemart menu item is set to only visible for registred users. But if you search on Google: site:ebstrading.nl. All categories and products are listed. Now I found this out, I also understand why in the aWeb cart watch module it showed a lot of anonymous carts.

When I disable SEF/SEO it seems to work normal again, the "Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item" message dissapears and you can't view the products anymore without login in. But then Custom filters PRO stops working as it seems to need SEF turned on.

Any idea's?

Joomla 3.7.2
Virtuemart 3.2.2 (Tested 3.2.3 in test environment but no difference).

Roderic

Still hoping for a solution for this problem. Last update also doesn't seem to have any positive effect.

Milbo

Uhm,... hehe. ehrm...

The problem here is that the CMS allows you to hide menus for users. But this does NOT affect if users can use things which are shown in this menu. So when you use the link, behind the menu, it will still show you anything, except you add the itemid.

There is the problem that joomla tries to create a hierarchical menu system. It gives you the feeling that it works that way, but it cant work that way. We have the same "problem" with the joomla user registration, which still works, even there is no link to it. So the right way is to set the shoppergroups in the product. To make this easier, use a unpublished father product, there you set the shoppergroup one time.

BTW, there is the same problem with products in a category. Even when you unpublish a category, the products are still accessible.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member