News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Slow router in mod_virtuemart_category

Started by sandomatyas, August 21, 2017, 10:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I checked a site which has 15 categories and ~170 subcategories. Lately it is super slow, it takes 8-12 seconds to load a simle page.
I checked the modules and the code and found that if I disable my category module it becomes much faster.
After that i checked a source line by line and found this line in the template:
$caturl = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id='.$child->virtuemart_category_id);
If I remove it or change it to $caturl = JRoute::_(''); the site is fast. When I put it back, the site is slow.
It was okay until I updated VM few weeks back. Now it's running the very latest "beta" 3.2.3.9624
I couldn't find the solution, any clue maybe, somebody? Maybe something changed around the router?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sandomatyas

#9579 is fast, #9610 is slow
I moved back to 9579

Milbo

There is this function

<?php
public static function getLimitByCategory($catId$view 'virtuemart'){

static $c = array();

if(empty($c[$catId][$view])){
$catModel VmModel::getModel('category');
$cat $catModel->getCategory($catId);
//vmdebug('getLimitByCategory '.$cat->limit_list_initial);
if(!empty($cat->limit_list_initial)){
$initial $cat->limit_list_initial;
vmdebug('limit by category '.$view.' '.$catId.' '.$cat->limit_list_initial);
} else {
$initial VmConfig::get('llimit_init_FE'24);
}
$app JFactory::getApplication();
$c[$catId][$view] = $app->getUserStateFromRequest('com_virtuemart.'.$view.'.limit''limit',$initial'int');
}
self::$limit $c[$catId][$view];
return self::$limit;
}
?>

Please try the last version and replace the function by

<?php
public static function getLimitByCategory($catId$view 'virtuemart'){

self::$limit $c[$catId][$view];
return self::$limit;
}?>

Looks like that is slowing down the shop. When yes, I can add a config or so. It is just for the feature "different pagination size (limit) per category", which is imho a feature, which is quite rarely used. I thought it wouldnt be a big deal, because it should use anyway already cached categories. But yes on a frontpage, showing productsd of very different categories, it creates a problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

or maybe it is even better and easier to disable line 87.

sandomatyas

Studio 42

@Max : Why you don't get limit from category directly on load and compare with session ?
And you set self::$limit as global value, but you never know from what category id is set.

Milbo

Quote from: sandomatyas on August 22, 2017, 12:31:03 PM
yep, that was the solution

To disable line 87?, because that would be the best. I just wonder anyway if we need it.

sandomatyas

Quote from: Milbo on August 22, 2017, 20:28:38 PM

To disable line 87?, because that would be the best. I just wonder anyway if we need it.

Yes.
Do you think "different pagination size (limit) per category"? I think I was who asked for it :) I have two customers who need this function

Studio 42

Quote from: sandomatyas on August 22, 2017, 21:16:15 PM
Quote from: Milbo on August 22, 2017, 20:28:38 PM

Yes.
Do you think "different pagination size (limit) per category"? I think I was who asked for it :) I have two customers who need this function
This have no sense to be get or set in the router else VM do not work same with or without (SEF)router