News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot Create New Product or New Category

Started by wendy1, August 15, 2017, 23:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendy1

I am using VM 3.22 on Joomla 3.5.1. As well as VM I have JCE editor 2.16 and EasyBlog 5.0.44 installed.
I had to reinstall my site because upgrading JCE knocked out my front en modules.
Since the reinstall (using kickstart and a backup with akeeba) when I try to create a new category or product I get the attached screen. Which is like an index of sorts. From there I cannot add or save anything.
Any help and advice is appreciated!
Wendy

jenkinhill

Quote from: wendy1 on August 15, 2017, 23:32:40 PM
I am using VM 3.22 on Joomla 3.5.1

Seriously? Have you not seen the many security warnings about Joomla issues. The only version of Joomla "known" to be secure is 3.7.4  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

You probably had an incomptabible version issue with JCE, but it now looks like you have an installation issue. I'm not sure if current Akeeba versions work properly on old Joomla versions. I'd use your Akeeba package (if that's the only backup you have) and install it in a subdirectory or locahost and then update Joomla. Then reinstall VM3.2.2 on top of that (do not delete the old version).  That may fix it, but be aware that some older Joomla templates are not compatible with J3.7 - eg RocketTheme released updated templates for J3.7
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wendy1

What do you recommend as the best way to backup and move virtuemart to a new site? I don't have the time to recreate all my products and categories which is one reason why I have not updated joomla.

jenkinhill

Updating Joomla will not delete your products/categories etc. The database & VM files remain intact. 

Surely you already use some backup system?  Use Akeeba to backup your site, the archive can then be installed on localhost or subdirectory of your server.  https://www.akeebabackup.com/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum