News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

textarea does not save data from shipment form

Started by Roger Lightening, August 14, 2017, 13:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Lightening

I am using Virtuemart 3.2.2 and Joomla 3.7.4 both are clean installations with no extra plugins or components installed.

Web Server    Apache
PHP Version    5.6.31-1~dotdeb+7.1
Database Version    5.5.5-10.0.32-MariaDB-1~wheezy

When adding a textarea shopper field to the shipment form, data is never saved when adding a new shipment address. I have included information from the Joomla Debug Console below. What I have noticed id that there is no data in the query despite me having added data the field before saving. Mt text area field is called testtxtaea

We are using the textarea as an address field so this error is blocking checkout for people with a shipment address different to their billing address. The issue does not affect textareas in the bill to area. Just the ship to area.

Debug Console Info:
UPDATE `htz2g_virtuemart_carts`
  SET `virtuemart_user_id`='249',`virtuemart_vendor_id`='1',`cartData`='{\"cartProductsData\":[{\"virtuemart_product_id\":197,\"quantity\":2,\"customProductData\":{\"20\":{\"415\":false},\"11\":{\"416\":false},\"12\":{\"417\":false},\"23\":\"459\",\"13\":\"461\"}}],\"vendorId\":\"1\",\"lastVisitedCategoryId\":0,\"virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id\":\"1\",\"virtuemart_paymentmethod_id\":\"1\",\"automaticSelectedShipment\":true,\"automaticSelectedPayment\":true,\"order_number\":null,\"BT\":{\"email\":\"r\",\"company\":\"Sample Company\",\"title\":\"Mr\",\"first_name\":\"Doe\",\"middle_name\":\"\",\"last_name\":\"John\",\"address_1\":\"PO Box 123\",\"address_2\":\"\",\"zip\":\"98101\",\"city\":\"Seattle\",\"virtuemart_country_id\":223,\"virtuemart_state_id\":48,\"phone_1\":\"555-555-555\",\"phone_2\":\"\",\"fax\":\"\"},\"ST\":{\"virtuemart_userinfo_id\":\"2\",\"virtuemart_user_id\":\"249\",\"address_type\":\"ST\",\"address_type_name\":\"Address Nickname\",\"company\":\"\",\"title\":null,\"last_name\":\"test\",\"first_name\":\"test\",\"middle_name\":\"\",\"phone_1\":\"\",\"phone_2\":\"\",\"fax\":\"\",\"address_1\":\"test address_1\",\"address_2\":\"test\",\"city\":\"test\",\"virtuemart_state_id\":0,\"virtuemart_country_id\":193,\"zip\":\"test\",\"agreed\":\"0\",\"tos\":\"0\",\"customer_note\":\"\",\"created_on\":\"2017-08-14 10:37:18\",\"created_by\":\"249\",\"modified_on\":\"2017-08-14 11:02:21\",\"modified_by\":\"249\",\"locked_on\":\"0000-00-00 00:00:00\",\"locked_by\":\"0\",\"testtxtaea\":\"\"},\"cartfields\":null,\"couponCode\":\"\",\"_triesValidateCoupon\":[],\"order_language\":\"en-GB\",\"pricesCurrency\":\"47\",\"paymentCurrency\":\"47\",\"_guest\":0,\"_inCheckOut\":false,\"_inConfirm\":false,\"_dataValidated\":false,\"_confirmDone\":false,\"STsameAsBT\":0,\"selected_shipto\":2,\"_fromCart\":true,\"layout\":\"default\",\"layoutPath\":\"\",\"virtuemart_cart_id\":\"1\"}',`modified_on`='2017-08-14 11:02:21',`modified_by`='249'
  WHERE `virtuemart_cart_id` = '1'

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Roger Lightening

Thank you for sorting it out so promptly. Can I implement the change on my own website?