News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

javascript void message when adding to cart... Huh?

Started by Stefan Korth, August 28, 2017, 02:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Korth

Hi. I set up this store from a copy of another store, and it worked well so far: www.adoro-drums.com/drumshop ; I then changed some things, like setting it up for dollar instead of euro, and I made the recent update both for Joomla and Virtuemart. I have to admit, the old store that is still working with the same template has not yet been updated (www.lotushardware.de), but I have no idea if that was the cause, because I was so busy getting the template and products ready I forgot to check the cart...

Now I get a "javascript void) message when trying to add an item to the cart, and found this in the backend.
"Fatal Error in maincontroller admin.virtuemart.php: Couldnt find file support"

help---?

Jörgen

Update ?
From what versions ? Joomla, VM, PHP ?
New versions ? Joomla, VM, PHP ?

Probably is Your template outdated, but not much to go on, try to test with Protostar template.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Stefan Korth

version was the version before the recent to the recent, which was, hm... Joomla 3.7.4 -> 3.7.5 & VM3.2.3 ->VM 3.2.4. I first updated j!, then VM.

If it is an issue with the template, what can I do, i want to keep it...

Stefan Korth

ok, new issue: i tried to apply a new template, but i cannot, even when I define protostar as default and manually assign all pages to it, the shop stays put on the old template. wtf? I don't even know how I can make such a template override...

----solved, in VM, there is an override. I forgot. So I did assign a different template, with the same effect. so I suppose it is not the template. WHat now?

Jörgen

I would install Rupostels Fatal error catcher plugin and revert the changes of
QuoteI then changed some things, like setting it up for dollar instead of euro,
To see if it was the update or the changes that gives the error ?

Another thing to try ist to copy the original site once again and only make your changes and see if these work before updating Joomla and VM ?

Compare PHP versions and see if they are differnt ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Stefan Korth

can you add items to the cart? I am testing on: imac (snow leopard),  iPad, and Windows10 with latest chrome and Firefox version. I always get stuck when trying to add an item... now I am testing yet again, on win edge, and on MacMini Mountain Lion and latest chrome/Firefox....

Stefan Korth

oh. I got it. The shop does not work when you go there from the link within the website, which redirects to www.adoro-drums.com/en/drumshop/drums. When you hit the link here, www.adoro-drums.com/drumshop, for some reason the link is redirected to worship-drums.com/en/drumshop, and the show works well.

The redirection seems to be the issue...!

I have no clue why. This is a mess. But I changed the internal link and the shop now works again.