News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_

Started by martinlaipe, August 30, 2017, 15:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinlaipe

Just upgraded Joomla from 3.7.3 to 3.7.5 and  Virtuemart from 3.2.2 to 3.2.4 and fixed the Database in Extensions because of the following Error.  However the error is still happen.

Some members reported that they login and try to add product to cart but the error message show.  Error 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' show in the cart.html page.

I tested some login names, some member can add to cart and cart.html display correctly.  Some member cannot add to cart and cart.html display Error 1267.

I also found that those members cannot edit the address the editaddress.html and show Error 1267 also.

Anyone can help me?

Website information :
php version : 7.0.10
Joomla version : 3.7.5
Virtuemart ver  : 3.2.4

Attached please find the system information for reference.

Thanks.

jjk

Do you have tables in your database which have the latin1_bin collation? Normally the Joomla 3.7.5 tables use utf8mb4_general_ci and the VirtueMart tables use utf8_general_ci. If one of them seems to have the wrong collation, you can easily change the collation in phpmyadmin > 'Operations' tab > 'Table options'.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

martinlaipe