News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Category layout showing nothing but description

Started by troysteele5, August 10, 2017, 20:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troysteele5

Hello

I published a menu category layout for one of my categories and when I go into it only shows me the description of category but doesnt show me any products associated, it does this no matter what category layout i publish,  however the "back to category" button on my product pages shows all the products when i click on it. Any advice on how to fix?

Virtuemart 3.2.2

Thanks

hellorain

Hello,

Can you provide link of the site or screenshot of site?

Best Regards,
hellorain.
Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

hellorain

Hello,

i have checked your link. Any customization done to that page or category page.

Best Regards,
hellorain.

troysteele5

Hi

No customization done, I just installed it  created the categories, linked products to categories and tried to publish but not sure where I went wrong

Studio 42

Have you try to change the used layout for this category?
ONe is here to only display category but not products.
And you have an option to not display product too.

troysteele5

Hello

When i go into the category i set to show products of selected category in the category view settings that is the only place that i have tried but that doesnt seem to do anything

troysteele5

I just wanted to add that the "back to category" button when you go to the product page is clicked it shows all the products on that category it just doesnt work when category layout is used as a menu item

jenkinhill

When setting the menu link to the category did you also set the required configuration on the Virtuemart category view settings and the Virtuemart subordinated category view settings tabs?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

troysteele5

Hi, thanks for the reply

I did not, but I tried now by setting show products in category on both but still not showing me anything

hellorain

Hello,

I think need to check your code.

Best Regards,
hellorain.

Studio 42

If you added a menu link to this category, the setting need to be changed in this Joomla menu item and do not forget to check the VIrtuemart config. You have setting for global  category layout and setting too.