News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

show only categories

Started by Kuubs, August 09, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I'm trying to show only my categories, and not the products. I searched intensively and not found a solution. I've seen that the developer of VM stated that they removed the categories and you need to use the sublayout. I tried that but the products are always showing below the categories. If I change the products to 0 I cannot see the products if I select a category. Else they will always show below them.

I have this as structure:

- Webshop (All categories shown)
- Category 1
- Category 2

These categories don't have a parent, I just show all the categories. Is there a solution for this? Previous VM installations could do this very simple, so I'm kind of frustrated with this new version.

Jörgen

I only see my categories in the top level, no Products. Have You assigned Products the category Webshop ? If so then you may see the Products. Otherwise I do not get what You mean. An URL and perhaps a mentioning of VM and Joomla versions would be a good help. Anyway I probably use the same versions as You Do.  ;)

Regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Kuubs

I don't have a Category "webshop", do you think I should make a category webshop and assign all my now top level categories to that webshop category?

Because now I have a Category link which basically displays all the top level categories, including their products unfortunately.

Jörgen

Hello

No this would create what you not want. Have You checked the backend setting. There is a setting "Show product for subcategories" is this perhaps checked ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.