News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

New to VirtueMart - can anyone recommend a good book?

Started by Smiley, August 07, 2017, 14:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Hey all, I am just getting starting on VirtueMart and need to get a grip of it fast (I'm a complete novice) :). Can anyone recommend any good books? Can't seem to find any recent books published on building eCommerce sites on Joomla with VirtueMart????

So far I'm looking at 3 different books (with the newest being 2013) are they worth reading or simply outdated? Any recommendations on other books most welcome. :)

Building E-commerce sites with VirtueMart Cookbook by John Horton (2013)
Joomla! VirtueMart 1.1 Theme and Template Design by Joseph Kwan (2011)
Joomla! E-Commerce with VirtueMart by Suhreed Sarkar (2009)

loppan

Hi, haven't read the cookbook, but I have the other two you mention and by now I'd say they're quite outdated unfortunately. Great books though...

I'd actually recommend learning Joomla first, and there are a lot of learning material available for that... Once you know the Joomla structure well, and how the template system works, it's easy to get going with Virtuemart, because after all, it's an extension for Joomla, although it's a pretty massive one ;)

Cheers

Smiley

Thanks loppan for the feedback. Pity they are all so outdated but yeah so true best to focus on the Joomla structure for now. Cheers!  :)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Smiley