News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need to change design of 'registration email'

Started by ch1vph, August 05, 2017, 00:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1vph

Hello all,

Does anyone know about a way to change the look/design of the standard 'registration email' ie add a banner/footer, or even a background image to it, or perhaps even a splash of colour on the button or the text!?

If there is any method or perhaps a plugin template for the VM activation email that comes through after a customer signups please let me know as this standard one is very small for starters and the the link seems to switch from a text link to a button when you hover over it, as my order emails do too until I buy this - 'VM order email template' plugin. But overall I just need to change it to something more official/normal...

Please see attached screenshot of what this automatic email looks like when a customer receives it atm in gmail. Any advice is welcome on this matter or if theres any workarounds that would be great.

Regards!
Chris H.

VirtueMart 3.2.2
Joomla! 3.7.3
PHP 5.6.31

jenkinhill

Edit and override components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/mail_html_reguser.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ch1vph

Hi there, thanks for pointing out the file...

Next question is it possible to have users automatically registered when they go to signup without having to use the 'registration email'??

Regards!

Ventsi Genchev

Backend => Users / Manage / Options / New User Account Activation -> None
Audio Store:
https://vsystem.bg - Bulgarian language
https://vsystem.bg/en - English

ch1vph

Perfect thanks Venci! Now I've removed that little issue, can you tell me anything more on how I would go about changing the 'Registration data' email as that too is very small too (ok on mobile) but no good on desktop..!

Even if I could add my clients logo above the dreaded 'Display Name'  that would be ok, but better still need to change the size of it overall - see attached.

Thanks

AH

Please don't send username and password in the clear in an email!!!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

As said above:  Edit and override components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/mail_html_reguser.php  to suit your requirements.

All that is may need is to use a larger font, so change body, td, span, p, th { font-size: 11px; }  to (eg)  body, td, span, p, th { font-size: 16px; }
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lebogang

axelf