News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Automated email generated from Ask a Question

Started by bmw2182, August 16, 2017, 19:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmw2182

Where can I change the text in the automated email from Ask a Question.  My customer's are seeing....Thank you for contacting (business name) Your inquiry/order will be processed as soon as possible. Orders will recieve an e-mail with a tracking number as soon as they have been shipped. Where as, inquiries about a specific instrument will be answered shortly. Once again thank you for your interest in (business name).

There is a spelling error and I need to correct it, but I can't for the life of me find where this is.  Please help.

Running Joomla 3.7.4 Virtuemart 3.2.2

loppan

Hi bmw2182, not sure what extension / plugin you're using for this? As far as I know, these e-mails are not being sent out in virtuemart by default?

jenkinhill

@bmw the template used for the ask question response is components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/tmpl/mail_confirmed.php  - the default text constant used by that template is COM_VIRTUEMART_ASK_QUESTION_THANK_YOU which by default does not include anything like the text you quote, just "Thank you for your Question. We will contact you as soon as possible."  So either the confirmed template has been overridden or the language string used has been overriden.  Most likely you need to edit the language override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum