News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show only manufacturers per Product category

Started by Heste Janse van Rensburg, July 26, 2017, 13:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heste Janse van Rensburg

I'm new to Virtue Mart - I've used a template for my website that came with Virtue Mart 3.  So I would like to see if this will work for me.
On the website I need to show a list of my product categories, and when the user click on a category, it should only show the manufacturers of that product, not the products it self.
In other words, when click on Products / Appliances / Kettles - it should show Manufacturer details 1, 3 and 4  and when click on Products / Appliances / Vacuum cleaners - it should show Manufacturer details 2 and 5

Will it be possible to configure it like that and if so - please guide me how to do the setup/configuration?

Thank you in advance.

hellorain

Hello,

Display only manufacturer as per category layout, Need some customization on category page.

Best Regards,
hellorain.
Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

Heste Janse van Rensburg

Thank you hellorain
if you say customization on the category page - can I do it in the admin panel - or do you mean hard coding?

hellorain

Hi,

Means hard coding, but, also can be done by creating upgrade safe functions in pages over rides.

Best Regards,

Studio 42

You mixed something, it's not very clear.
Say you have a category A
You display it.
THis display subcategories + Products.
YOu can after filter the manufacturers.

So your result should be:
You display it.
This display manufacturers only ?

Heste Janse van Rensburg

Yes Studio 42,
I want the user to click for example on Appliances / Kettles and then all manufacturers that supply kettles, should be displayed in the results, not the products, only manufacturers.

technext2k

You need to modify the code of the module (which shows products) to show manufacturers instead. This cannot be done by simply configuring it as I think so.

hellorain

Hello,

We can help you regarding custom coding.

Best Regards,
hellorain.

Studio 42

Quote from: technext2k on August 01, 2017, 23:09:40 PM
You need to modify the code of the module (which shows products) to show manufacturers instead. This cannot be done by simply configuring it as I think so.
Sorry but in this case, it's not a module but you need to overide the category layout(s) and if a manufacturer is set, load another file, or add the code to display manufacturer.

The simplified code to display manufacturer is
if($condition){
   echo $this->loadTemplate('manufacturer');
   return;
}
If in your case it's always for the second level of categories, then you can check if the category have a parent category set then load the list of manufacturers.

Another solution is to write a layout and set it in the category that should display manufacturers directly but this need in all case to rewrite the code.