News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Description & Meta Description - Get data from DB via PHP

Started by TheoKondak, July 19, 2017, 14:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheoKondak

Dear community, I am trying to setup a big website, and I've stumbled upon a technical issue. I have to create almost 2000 products and I need to use some automation in order to make this project viable.

So what I am trying to achieve is to be able to get info like product title, price etc from my database straight into the product description and meta description. This will save me probably hundreds of hours of work because will let me just copy paste one description instead of modifying all for each product.

Truth is that i am quite new to web development and my programming skills kinda limited, but i am quite sure that what i want to achieve is quite possible.

Joomla Version 3.7.3 Virtue Mart ver 3.0.19.8 PHP 5.4.31

thank you!

jenkinhill

First you should use at least VM 3.2.2 with Joomla 3.7.3  - http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/480-security-release-of-joomla-3-7-be-prepared

Maybe you should look at using CSVI for importing your products. It's a great tool for managing a large number of products. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum