Product edit tabs not working - all stacked on one page

Started by biltong, July 21, 2017, 12:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biltong

Hi,

The tabs on the product edit page in VirtueMart admin are no longer working since updating from 3.0.18 to 3.2.2.

All tab fields are stacked on a single page as per attached screenshot.

I've cleared browser cache and tested with both Firefox 54.0.1 (64) and Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Tabs on other VM admin edit pages are working, e.g. Shopper edit and Configuration.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

jenkinhill

Usually solved by reinstalling. Maybe with the latest dev version?  Test on a backup copy first.  See  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137816.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

biltong

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 21, 2017, 13:10:19 PM
Usually solved by reinstalling. Maybe with the latest dev version?  Test on a backup copy first.  See  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137816.0

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Is this something that you have specifically seen somewhere else?

jenkinhill

This issue is described periodically in the forum. I have seen something similar with the backend once on a client site. They were hosted on a slow, overloaded server. I ended up using Akeeba to make a copy, installed it on localhost to update it, then copied that back to their server. It worked OK, but hopefully they followed advice and changed host.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

biltong

I have now cloned the live site and installed VM 3.2.3.

I have also disabled Admin Tools and reverted to the default Joomla .htaccess on the clone.

The problem still exists where the Product Edit page is not displaying the tabs. Instead, all tabs are displayed on a single page one above the other.

Furthermore, many of the field buttons are not working, e.g. the 'X' to delete Images or Custom Fields.

Seems to me some JS is not loading properly but I don't know how to figure this out.

Any help greatly appreciated!

biltong

Looking at the Web Console, there's a JS error, which may have something to do with this problem....

"TypeError: jQuery(...).dynoTable is not a function[Learn More]  index.php:1832:9"

I've attached a screenshot showing the error details.

Could this be the issue?

biltong

Another clue....Switching the administrator template from isis to Hathor resolves the problem however I would prefer to stick with isis template.

I have refreshed all Joomla files by unpacking full Joomla 3.7.4 package. Cleared browser Cache, Deleted All Joomla Cache, fixed all file permissions, still same problem.

Any ideas please?

biltong

Update - the issue is now resolved finally! I found some files in the admin isis template html directory which were overriding code updates in the last VirtueMart release.