News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Incidence on paypal return page

Started by Jose M., June 23, 2017, 19:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose M.

Hello,
When I pay for an order for PayPal (standart), everything works fine, the order is marked as confirmed, the money is in the paypal account, etc.
But on the page it returns, the amount, the transaction ID, and the button to display the order are not displayed.

I have reviewed that there are no errors with language or javascript etc. But I have not found anything.
The variable $success is empty and therefore does not show the fields I say.
Any help?
I am using Joomla 3.7.2 and Virtuemart 3.2.2

Thank you
Jose

Belgaron

Hi Jose,
I experience the same problem on my site and I found several other posts describing the same issue. After a lot of search my conclusion (and that of others) is that this is a Paypal related issue. It seems that often the Paypal IPN notification is to slow and the customer is returned to the return page BEFORE the Paypal IPN data is available therefore the $success variable is empty and the return page looks incomplete.

I was not able to find a working solution to this problem so I modiefied the php file that creates the return page to at least display the button when $success is empty. The client will not see the transaction ID and amount but that was not so important for me.

Jose M.

Hi Belgaron,
Yes, that seems.
I also modified the stdresponse.php file to show all fields even if the variable $success is empty. Now all the values are displayed.
This makes you doubt if the error is from PayPal or VM.

I also added a link to the PayPal page so that the user checks and closes their session in PP, because when returning to the store it is not closed.
Best regards

Jose

Belgaron

Hi Jose,
that´s interesting that you are able to display the transaction ID and amount even if $success is empty. Indeed that may point to a problem in VM itself. I´ll try that modification as I have skipped the transaction ID and amount because I thought if $success is empty the transaction ID and amount is also empty. Thank you for pointing that out.